Sunday 28 December 2014

Inspirations And Influences

When I first created this blog I thought I'd have to spend a while just thinking of an interesting topic to write about. Recently I read Zoe Sugg's book 'Girl Online', in which the main character, Penny Porter, (aka Girl Online) creates a blog of her own to write about whatever she likes, maybe to get her thoughts off her chest or to see if any of her readers were experiencing a similar thing to her. This is when I realised that I shouldn't spend too long debating what I should say and how I should say it. A blog is all about sharing and expressing thoughts, so that is what I am going to do. I'm a 15 year old girl, so naturally I do find comfort and inspiration in watching youtubers who seem to relate to my everyday life and reading books that are set in the point of view of a teenager. I shouldn't be taking life too seriously (even though I have my GCSEs in 5 months, help), and I've realised that I should do things because they please me, and not because they please other people (in the least selfish way possible). Before I get off track and start rambling, I want to get down to the main point, and say that I'm making this post because of various things and people that have inspired me, and all of those things are very important to me, and have had a fairly big influence on my life. 

As I said before, Zoe's book was one of the main things that made me think 'you know what? I want to do that'. (I also want to go to New York and meet someone along the lines of Noah, but for now I'm not talking about that). Although Penny was anonymous on her blog, she still posted about her life and asked for her reader's thoughts and opinions. I want this blog to be a place where I can get something off my chest if I feel the need to, or just somewhere that I can talk about my most recent thoughts and ideas, or even something as simple as hobbies or places I'd like to visit. 

Zoe herself is a very influential person to thousands, even millions of people worldwide, especially teenagers such as me. She makes videos on youtube that thousands of people watch and enjoy daily. They can range from uplifting videos such as 'little ways to change your life', to helpful and down-to-earth videos such as how to deal with panic attacks and anxiety. Zoe has helped and inspired me so much over the past few years in many different ways. Her weekly videos often put me in a good mood, and as cheesy as this sounds, her bubbly personality is contagious. Even though she sometimes suffers from anxiety, she is constantly pushing herself and doing things that people like me could only dream of. However, Zoe also has many friends in her life such as Alfie, Louise and her brother Joe, who are always there for her when she needs support, and this reminds me how important family and friends are.

Lastly, I get a lot of my inspiration and influence from my family and friends. I'm an only child so I never really had someone my own age in my house who I could talk to, but my parents have always been the best family I could hope for and they are very good role models. I'm not someone who has lots of close friends, although I do have 3 very close friends who mean a lot to me. In fact, Sophie and Georgia are the ones who have played a big part in inspiring me to write this blog, so if you're reading this, thank you very much! 

These are some of the reasons that inspiration & influence are so important to me, because they show how much of an impact people can have on your life and how you see things. I feel like I've gone very off-topic in this post, but that doesn't matter because that's what blogs are all about! I'd absolutely love to read your thoughts and opinions if you read this, so feel free to leave a comment! I hope you enjoyed reading my first blog post, I'd love to write more but it's gone 1 am so I should probably stop here. 

See you in my next post! 
Chloe x

5 comments:

  1. Hi Chloe:) You have a nice blog, I read Georgia's a few days ago, and now I found yours! I hope you enjoy blogging, I do:) I think you're a year older than me, but I started a blog a bit like yours a few months ago! Also, you might have heard of the website Bloglovin', but I thought I'd let you know it's a place you can sign your blog up to, so you'll get more exposure. I'll def be back for future posts!

    http://magentatulip.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I really enjoy blogging, and I'll be making lots more posts in the future :) I've just read your latest post and I love it, I'll definitely be reading more of your posts too!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chloe! I couldn't help but notice that you started a blog due to inspiration from Zoella! I am exactly the same! I am really inspired by her book and it just made me want to start blogging, this blog is really well written and I'm looking forward to reading more! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that means a lot to me! I love the fact that Zoe's book has inspired a lot of people to start a blog!x

      Delete
  4. Love your blog!
    Glad I found you, keep blogging!
    xx

    http://jezebeltuesday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete